The Rosemary Foundation for Memory Support Inc. as Trustee for Rosemary Charitable Fund is an independent registered charitable fund supporting people with Dementia in South Australia. The Foundation’s role is to provide a vehicle through which generous gifts, from people in the wider South Australian community like yourself, will work in perpetuity to help those people with all forms of Dementia (including Alzheimer’s) and memory loss as well as giving much needed support to their families and carers.
Your donation or bequest will make a difference now and in the future to:
- improve and expand existing services
- initiate new programs
An example of the Rosemary Foundation in action is where we are providing the funding for the Nightingale Program in SA for the next 3 years. This model of care developed by Dementia Australia SA aims to meet the needs of people living with dementia and their families.
Best practice care for people living with dementia is a palliative approach from the time of diagnosis.
Using this approach ensures care is person-centred and offers:
- Continuity of care
- Psychosocial and spiritual support
- Optimal treatment of symptoms and quality of life
- Family care
- Education of health care teams
- Interdisciplinary teamwork
- Available in home, residential aged care, community settings and hospital
However, in reality people with dementia have not always received this gold standard of care provision. The goal of Nightingale Program and Dementia Australia SA is to fill some of those gaps in care that exist. By doing this we aim to enable people living with dementia:
- To stay at home longer and maximise their independence
- To avoid unnecessary admissions to the acute hospital setting
- To achieve and maintain a better quality of life and positive relationships
- To have a voice in their future care and decision making by planning ahead